The lowest mortgage can save you thousands, even ten thousands of dollars over the life of the loan. It is calculated that 0.25 points can save you thousands over the course of a 30 years loan. If you are looking to buy a home in Oregon so, how do you get the best mortgage rates in Oregon? Very simple, by using our six effective ways that are listed below.
Here are some strategies to shop for, qualify for, the best mortgage rates:
- Establish a baseline: Get a referral from someone you trust and contract that lender to obtain your credit score and discuss your loan options. Your first lender helps you compare FHA and conventional financing, along with various loan terms, so you make an informed decision on which loan program and term you want before you contract to other lenders.
- Raise your credit score: Your credit score is the only way which can help you in getting the lowest mortgage rates. If your credit score is high, your mortgage loan rates will be lower. When you have high credit score, it implies that you are an ideal lender and can repay the time on time. Before trying to get pre-approved for a home loan, first check your credit score and reports. Know your credit score and pull your credit history before the lender does. You can also improve your credit score by paying off all bills. To satisfy lenders’ requirements your credit score must be 620 or above to approve a conventional loan. Lenders typically reserve the lowest interest rates for customers with a credit score above 750.
- Use the mortgage quotes to negotiate: The lender quote is not set in stone. Sometimes the officer increases the fees and rates to increase the commission. So, use the mortgage quotes you get to negotiate the best mortgage rates. Take a quote from one lender to another lender and asking them to beat it. This is one of the most effective ways to get the best mortgage rates.
- Make a larger down payment: When you buy a home, some experts recommend you to make a larger down payment. Larger down payment is starting with the lowest mortgage rates. This cloud makes a more significant difference in your loan life. One way mortgage lenders risk is through the loan to value ratio. The larger the down payment, the lower the LTV ratio. So, the lender will offer you a loan at the lowest mortgage rates.
- Don’t compare the rates with APR: There are so many ways to compare mortgage rates, but APR is one of the worst ways.
- Do your research: You can shop in person, by phone or online with mortgage rates. You still owe it to yourself to compare interest rates and negotiate the best deal. There are so many mortgage companies in Oregon, which are willing you to offer you the best mortgage rates. So, use this technique and save thousands of dollars.
Searching the best Oregon mortgage rates online might seem like a job itself.